Auto Insurance Do’s and Don’t’s
Advice from Fort Lauderdale Car Accident Attorneys
Were you hurt in a car accident? At such a time, interacting with insurance
companies is one of the last things you want to deal with. However, understanding
how to handle your inevitable encounter with them can make a substantial
impact on recovering compensation for your injuries. Speaking with our
Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyers first can ensure your rights to damages are protected.
Rosenberg & Rosenberg, P.A. has over 160 collective years of legal
experience and our firm has handled countless car accident cases. When
you are injured, turn to our firm right away and secure for yourself the
financial damages you need.
What to do when interacting with insurance companies:
- Speak with our Fort Lauderdale auto accident attorneys to advise you on
how to deal with your and the other party's insurer
- Speak with your insurance company and let them know you were in a car accident.
You should take notes of every conversation with them
- Read your insurance policy so you can know what you are covered for. An
attorney can help you understand your policy
- Collect information on the insurance company from anyone else involved
in the accident along with their personal contact information
- Hold on to any receipts or records that can apply to your insurance claim
so you can ensure you are being fully compensated for your expenses
What not to do:
- Do not make a statement to the other party’s insurance company. Whatever
you say can come back to hurt you.
- Do not give the insurance company any written information about your accident,
either yours or the other party’s involved
- Do not wait to file your claim after your accident. You may exceed the
statute of limitations if you wait too long
- Do not sign anything such as a release, waiver, or any document without
consulting with our firm which may sing away your rights
- Do not take any money as it may be less than your case deserves
For help after a car accident, call our firm for a free consultation—(888) 499-6206.