Fort Lauderdale Lawyers for Workplace Machinery Accidents
The Experienced Representation You Need After a Serious Injury
For many workers, the use of large, heavy, and specialized machinery is a part of their daily duties. While these machines may perform essential takes or make a worker’s job easier, they also pose tremendous risks, especially in construction, industrial, manufacturing, and other skilled trade occupations. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) reports that accidents involving heavy machinery, including caught in/between accidents, account for a sizable portion of workplace injuries and deaths each year.
Our workers’ compensation and personal injury lawyers at Rosenberg & Rosenberg, P.A. know the serious struggles and setbacks workers and their families can face following workplace accidents. As proven advocates and trial lawyers, we draw from over 50 years of experience to help clients explore, protect, and assert their legal rights to compensation following workplace injuries—whether that means pursuing benefits through an employer’s workers’ compensation insurance or pursuing a lawsuit in the civil justice system.
Learn more about your options in a free consultation with one of our attorneys. Call our Fort Lauderdale office at (888) 499-6206 to get started.
Types of Machinery Accidents
Construction sites, manufacturing centers, and industrial facilities are just some of the workplaces that use an array of complex and heavy machinery. Correspondingly, these jobs are among the most dangerous for workers. Those who spend their days around heavy machinery are more likely to suffer accidents including:
- Caught in/between accidents
- Entrapment or entanglement
- Hand injuries, back injuries, and broken bones
- Falling or flying objects
- Defectively designed or manufactured products
- Failures to warn or adequately train
- Explosions and fires
- Inadequate protective gear or safety policies
- Exposure to harmful substances
- Crushing injuries, amputations, and disabilities
- Fatal workplace accidents
For those who work around heavy machines, one mistake—on anyone’s part—can result in serious injuries. In high-risk jobs like these, there are no second chances when something goes wrong. This means guarding against negligence is of the utmost importance.
Recovering Benefits & Compensation
Depending on the facts and circumstances surrounding your accident, you may have more than one option for recovering compensation. Victims may choose to pursue compensation through a:
- Workers’ Comp Claim – Florida workers’ compensation laws require most, but not all, employers to carry this no-fault insurance, which provides employees with benefits for things like medical care, needed medications, wage supplementation, and rehabilitative or re-employment therapy services. Workers’ compensation benefits are available to workers injured on the job no matter who is at fault, and even if they caused their injuries. However, the workers’ comp filing process can be cumbersome; subject to scrutiny, delays, and denials; and difficult to navigate alone.
- Personal Injury Lawsuit – As mentioned above, it is not necessary to establish fault and liability in workers’ comp cases. However, injured workers may be able to pursue a personal injury lawsuit when they can prove the negligence of a third party (i.e., a party that is not linked to their employer); when their employer does not carry workers’ compensation insurance; or in cases of defective products and exposure to toxic and harmful substances.
Our firm can review the facts of your case to determine whether you may be eligible to pursue a civil lawsuit and help you decide which approach to take. While personal injury lawsuits may involve more effort and have a longer timeline, they can also result in a much higher settlement, depending on the specifics of your injury. Therefore, if you’ve been seriously injured or permanently disabled, going this route may be worth it.
Honest, Helpful Guidance
Rosenberg & Rosenberg, P.A. focuses its practice exclusively on protecting the rights of the injured, whether they were hurt in car accidents or workplace disasters. If you or someone you love has been harmed as a result of a machinery accident in the workplace, our experienced team is prepared to provide the immediate support and guidance you need during this difficult time. We understand how important it is to know you have a financial safety net—and our attorneys always go the extra mile to make sure you feel taken care of.
Whether you already know how you want to pursue compensation or you are looking for more information, we are happy to discuss your options with you in a free consultation. We start each case by listening to your needs so we can work toward a solution that meets them. If you are looking for help, reach out to us today.
Rosenberg & Rosenberg, P.A. is available to help you 24/7. Call our Fort Lauderdale team at (888) 499-6206 for guidance if you were injured in a workplace machinery accident.
Good morning gentlemen. I am writing this email in regards to a Workmen's Comp. case that Rosenberg and Rosenberg handle for me. I felt compelled to send you this email. I am just finishing a long Workmans comp case that Matthew was handling for me. Mat”- Norman M.