Fall is quickly upon us and school is back in full-swing for children throughout Fort Lauderdale. With the amount of hours that children spend at school it is not surprising that out of the 14 million child injuries that occur each year, more than a quarter of those happen during the school year. Injuries can arise while walking to and from school, taking the school bus, participating in school sports, playing on the playground, or even just being on the school campus.
At Rosenberg & Rosenberg, P.A., we understand that accidents happen and that sometimes a child’s injuries are no one’s fault in particular. Other times, the school’s actions or negligence of their staff are directly to blame for your child’s injuries.
If you believe that your child’s injuries while at school may have been due to negligence, call our Fort Lauderdale child injury attorneys. We can discuss your case during a free consultation.
Actions Constituting School Negligence
Schools must maintain a safe environment for the children on their campus at all times. This includes providing shelter, food, and proper transportation as well. If the school fails to deliver this standard of care and a child is hurt because of it, the school could be considered negligent and liable for any injuries.
Legal liability could exist depending on the circumstances. We have laid out a few of more common instances
Playground Injuries Resulting From:
- Defective or dangerous playground equipment, due to improper upkeep by the school or a poor design by the manufacturer
- Not having enough supervision by teachers or staff
School Bus Accidents Involving:
- Defective or malfunctioning equipment
- Bus driver negligence
- Inadequate training provided to the bus driver
Slip and Fall on Campus From:
- Slippery walkways due to improper cleaning
- Work being done around campus without proper warnings
- Loose handrails that were improperly installed or loose due to lack of maintenance
Sports Related Injuries Caused By:
- Lack of proper supervision by school staff
- Defective sports equipment provided by outside manufacturer or other vendor
There are a number of other injuries that can occur on school campuses related to asbestos in older school buildings, food poisoning, and even injuries during natural disasters.
Get the Representation You Deserve – Free Evaluation
Call the Ft. Lauderdale injury attorneys at our firm today to speak with a successful and compassionate advocate about your right to pursue compensation if your child was injured while away at school. We offer free initial case consultations, so you have nothing to lose by giving our office a call!