Understanding Bicycle Accident Risks
Florida is one of the most popular places for bicyclists. Although there is an abundance of nature trails and beaches for a ride, bicyclists often share public roads with cars, trucks, and buses. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) latest data on bicycle accidents, Florida has the highest fatality rate per million population. This infographic explains some key statistics every Floridian should know.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Reporting
- There were 121 bicyclist fatalities in 2018.
- 40.5% of all fatalities, in 2018, were people between the age of 55 and 65.
- 38.5% of all fatalities were caused by failure to yield right of way.
- The most bicycle accidents occurred between 6 a.m. and 8:59 a.m.
- 96.4% of bicycle fatalities involved a passenger car.
- 45.5% of bicycle fatalities involved a large truck.
Contact a Fort Lauderdale Bicycle Accident Attorney
A bicycle accident can be devastating, especially if it resulted in someone losing their life. If you or a loved one suffered a bicycle accident injury due to another’s negligence, you have the right to file a claim. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will fight the toughest insurance companies to protect your rights so you can receive the maximum compensation that you deserve.
Contact Rosenberg & Rosenberg, P.A. today at (888) 499-6206 to schedule a free consultation.